[ Récupéré de G+ ]
Метро 2033 / Metro 2033 / Métro 2033 is a post-apocalyptic novel by Dmitry Glukhovsky which I read last summer. It is set 15 years in the future under the assumption that the wold underwent a nuclear holocaust decades ago, and the action takes place in the Moscow metro where the survivors relocated. I liked the overall idea of a new society emerging from the ashes of our world, even though the timescale from the disaster seemed too short to me to allow the stations to develop such distinct organizations and Nature to give birth to evolved biological abomnations. That being said, I enjoyed the reading, and I think there is lots to think about the ending, especially when I see the world today. I'm not gonna spoil it though. If you enjoy such novels, you should have a look at this one.
.
Right after Metro 2033 I read the first sequel Метро 2034 / Metro 2034 / Métro 2034, which is shorter (500 pages vs 850 fort the first opus). It was a bit harder to get into the book, not sure why. Maybe because the protagonists where not exactly the same. Maybe should I have read another book in between. Maybe... Don't know. Anyway, I'm waiting for the paperback edition of the second sequel, Метро 2035 / Metro 2035 / Métro 2035, and I'm gonna read it as soon as it is available !

No comments:
Post a Comment